Charity Partner / Charitable Giving
NHSBT’s current Charity Partner is MIND. Our partnership with MIND is until May, 2021.
MIND’s mission is to provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. Mind campaigns to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
Every year, one in four of us will experience a mental health problem. But hundreds of thousands of people are still struggling. To find out more visit the MIND website.
Supporting / Fundraising
You can become an advocate of MIND and support their fundraising work in our organisation by becoming a Charity Champion.
You can donate spare pennies from your payslip to our charity partner directly through this scheme. The most you can donate each pay period is 99p and the most you will donate over a year is £11.88. For example if your net pay is £1000.34, then 34p will be donated to charity.
If you would like to sign up to the scheme, complete the Pennies from Heaven form.
Many of our centres have Charity Champions but we'd like to ensure we have one for each of our centres.
We don't ask for any specific requirements to become a Charity Champion. Any work time required to organise charity activities must be discussed and agreed with your manager.
What's expected of Charity Champions
There is no time away from the office required as such. What we ask is for you;
- to promote charity activities where possible to colleagues. This is especially needed in centres as we try not to rely solely on Facilities teams for this due to their support in promoting operational work.
- join a group call roughly every 2 months to share ideas and best practice and plan any upcoming events
- display posters, organise tannoy announcements, take collection tins around centres etc. for National campaigns
- ensure all teams in hard-to-reach areas such as Manufacturing and Transport are aware of an activity taking place. Due to the amount of coordination involved, national campaigns take place 2-3 a year max and we would give plenty of lead in time.
- organise local fundraising activities throughout the year suited to the centre. For example bake sales, sweepstakes etc. These can be organised as and when it is best for you. Even a small amount throughout the year makes a real difference. Here are some general examples of fundraising ideas.
If you have any further questions or want to become a Charity Champion please contact contact HR Direct.