What are Risk assessments?
Risk assessments are recorded, systematic evaluations of a task or environment, used to identify hazards and risks with the objective of eliminating the hazards or reducing the risk to the lowest acceptable level.
A Risk Assessment is a process of ensuring that:
- All work activities are as safe as one could reasonably expect them to be.
- One has identified what measures should be taken to comply with your duties under the "relevant statutory provisions".
There a different types of risk assessments
- COSHH - Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Manual Handling
- Work Related Stress
What role does risk assessment do?
These play an essential role in keeping us safe. This is done by helping us to manage and control the risk from activities we undertake. There are different risk assessments available depending on the activity and what we are managing. Some of these risk assessments may be localised but the organisation is moving towards more National Risk Assessments that will cover an activity that may be performed across the country such as pushing a roll cage or working in a specific environment such as an Office or Laboratory. The Health, Safety and Wellbeing Department will provide training to any colleagues that wish to become risk assessors. Your manager must make you aware of the risk assessments and controls required to keep you safe but you have a responsibility to familiarise yourself with them. Risk assessments influence training and the development of Safe Systems of Work (SSW) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Validated Disinfectant Risk Assessments (RA)
- Clearklens Cleansinald SS - 24649* MSDS
- Clearklens Tego 200 - 24651* MSDS Summary
- Contec Prochlor Trigger Spray and Wipes - 28864* MSDS MSDS(1)
- Crystel Titanium - 24648* MSDS, MSDS (1), MSDS (2)
- InSpec HA Trigger Spray and Burstable Pouches - 28863* MSDS
- Klercide Enhanced Peroxide - 27465* - MSDS
- Micronclean Alpha RFU mop heads, spray and wipes - 24653* MSDS
- Micronclean Compliance 100 Beta RFU Wipes and Spray - 24652* MSDS
- Micronclean Veriguard/Cleanguard IPA Wipes and Spray - 24766* MSDS
- Medipal Alcohol Wipes - 27467* - MSDS
- Pre-injection swabs - 27466* - MSDS
- Premier Klercide 70/30 Sterile IPA Alcohol Spray and Wipes - 24654* MSDS
- Stericlean (Helapet) wipes - 24767* MSDS
- Use of Klerwipe 70/30 Wipes - 24655* MSDS
- Use of Klercide denatured ethanol - 24656* MSDS
Datix for Training
To access the Datix training system.
User Name: All Users
This is to be used to complete coursework as part of Health and Safety training courses.
Inspections should be put on to Datix Monthly through the Risk Module by 'adding a new risk' and selecting the type of inspection required.
*Risk Assessment is only accessible if you are logged in to the NHSBT network (network connection through Citrix/NHSBT Desktop). As a result it may take a moment to load