Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
How are you?
This is a question we ask and are asked several times a day, but do we really listen to the answer, or give an honest one. It’s usually along the lines of “fine”, “ok”, “not bad”, etc. But are these true answers or just automatic responses? Are you actually stressed, angry, worried, depressed, tired, uninterested, disengaged, going through the motions, emotional, etc.?
How are you, really?
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), provided by Health Assured, is there to advise and support you through the difficult times. It is a free, confidential service accessible by phone, online or mobile app 24 hours a day. The Health Assured portal provides access to wellbeing fact sheets, videos, self-help programmes, interactive tools and educational resources to help with life’s challenges. The phone line connects you with qualified advisors who can arrange counselling and signpost you towards other support services available for a variety of issues including:
Please note, a maximum of 6 counselling sessions are available through the EAP service, as this is a short-term support model. If any further sessions are required your counsellor will signpost you to free external services. Counsellors are also not permitted to continue sessions with you as a private client before a certain period of ‘cooling off’ time has passed.
A manager can also refer colleagues to the EAP using the Management Referral Form – Consent Required
The Employee Assistance Programme can also be accessed by family members of NHS Blood and Transplant employees (living at the same home address and over the age of 16 years). They cannot however access face-to-face counselling, apart from in the case of relationship counselling, where both parties would be present.
How to access EAP
Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. To contact them;
- Call 0800 783 2808
- Call (outside the UK) +44 1455 254151
https://healthassuredeap.co.uk - you will need the following log in details;
- User Name - 72992
- Password – 72992
- My Healthy Advantage App - Available from Play Store and App Store. You'll need the Activation Code MHA021261.
EAP Employee Newsletters 2020/21 and Reports
- EAP Newsletter - January 21*
- EAP Newsletter - February 21*
- EAP Newsletter - March 21*
- EAP Newsletter - April 21*
- EAP Newsletter - May 21
- EAP Newsletter - June 21*
- EAP Newsletter - July 21*
- EAP Newsletter - August 21*
- EAP Newsletter - September 21*
- EAP Newsletter - October 21*
- EAP Newsletter - November 21*
- EAP Newsletter - January*
- EAP Newsletter - February*
- EAP Newsletter - May*
- EAP Newsletter - June*
- EAP Newsletter - July*
- EAP Newsletter - August*
- EAP Newsletter - September*
- EAP Newsletter - October*
- EAP Newsletter - November*
- EAP Newsletter - December*
- EAP Usage Report Jun 21 - May 22*
- EAP Usage Report April 21 - March 22*
- EAP Usage Report Dec 20 - Nov 21*
- EAP Usage Report April 20 - March 21*
- EAP Usage Report Dec 19 - Nov 20*
- EAP Usage Report July 19 - June 20*
- EAP Usage Report April 19 - March 20*
- EAP Usage Report April 18 - March 19*
*Information is only accessible if you are logged in to the NHSBT network (network connection through Citrix/NHSBT Desktop). As a result it may take a moment to load