Manager as Coach
Manager as Coach Course
Manager as Coach is a blended learning solution consisting of eLearning, reading material and 3 days of Virtual Classrooms (1 x 2 day plus 1 x 1 day). This development programme is for line managers who use the skill of coaching others as part of their role. You will need to have completed the coaching conversations eLearning and pre reading on Brightspace prior to attending this course
As a manager, coaching skills are a vital tool to allow you to get the best from your team.
This programme will develop your ability to use coaching as a key management style. It will enable you to you carry out workplace coaching with your direct reports.
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Describe what workplace coaching is & how to apply it
- Recognise & utilise opportunities that would benefit from workplace coaching
- Use an appropriate model to structure coaching
- Use coaching to have quality 1-1 discussions and to empower others, enabling them to solve problems, make decisions & deepen their own learning
- Supportively challenge thinking to widen choices, perspectives and decision making
- Use a range of tools & techniques to explore behaviours & relationship dynamics
Before attending this course, you must have completed the Coaching Conversations e-learning on Brightspace.
Manager as Coach Programme Outline - The outline and content of the Manager as Coach programme.
Manager as Coach Booking Form - Link to NHSBT course booking form.
Rolling calendar - links to a spreadsheet that identifies the dates and locations of NHSBT courses and links to the relevant booking forms.