Covid Wellbeing and Antibody Testing
COVID-19 and Wellbeing
We are all coming to terms with the impacts of COVID-19 and how this affects our work and home life for the time being.
We have compiled a range of tools and resources to support colleagues through this period. We will review the resources regularly to reflect any changes to guidance from the Government.
For advice on Health Safety and Wellbeing please refer to the contact HR Direct page, who will forward to a Health Safety and Wellbeing advisor if needed for specialist advice.
Virtual Mindfulness Sessions
As part of our efforts to support everyone's wellbeing through this challenging period, we will be running a once weekly Mindfulness session where you will have the opportunity to ‘be present’ and take a time-out from your busy working day.
Mindfulness is a technique which can help people to manage their mental health and gain more enjoyment from life. It involves making a special effort to give your full attention to what is happening in the present moment – to what is happening to your body, your mind or your surroundings, in a non-judgmental way.
Please contact the session facilitator listed below directly by email
Latest dates and times will be added below as they become available:
You can put the date in your calendar, by scrolling down to the Events and Activities section on our Link homepage, and following the instructions.
Supporting our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) colleagues
As an organisation we are committed to ensuring that the health, safety and wellbeing of all our colleagues is our primary focus. With the impact of COVID-19 on the BAME community and to ensure our BAME colleagues feel completely supported during this time, guidance and support around a process has been developed to support line managers undertake conversations and complete a risk assessment with BAME team members:
- Supporting our BAME Colleagues during COVID-19 - Presentation
- Supporting the health and wellbeing of our BAME Colleagues - Risk Assessment
- Conversation/Risk Assessment Recording Tool - Template
- Email sent to BAME Colleagues - Template
Please report the outcome of the conversation, which becomes the risk assessment, on the Conversation / Risk Assessment Reporting Tool ensuring you print a copy before submitting it so that both yourself and your team member have transparency and to help with the reviews.
Pandemic Risk Assessment and Training
- PowerpointTraining for POL77 and MPD340
- Wellbeing Risk Assessment for Colleagues
- Risk Assessment Summary
- Infection Prevention and Control Guidance
General mental health and wellbeing support
Our mental health and wellbeing is just as important as physical health. Whether you are working from home or your role requires you to continue to work on site, please take care of yourself.
NHS Blood and Transplant links
- The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), provided by Health Assured, is there to advise and support you through the difficult times. It is a free, confidential service accessible by phone, online or mobile app 24 hours a day.
- Mental Health Information on People First
- Reach out to one of our Mental Health and Wellbeing Champions
- Health and Wellbeing Yammer group
- Stress and Mental Health Tips on Yammer
Working from Home
Working from home or working remotely can be very challenging and isolating. Sometimes our attention wanders or we miss people. A routine can be a good way to address this.
- Remote and Home Working IT Guidance - Link
- Temporary Working at Home - Workstation Setup
- Working remotely and working well on Yammer
- Looking after your mental health while working during the Coronavirus outbreak from the Mental Health Foundation
- Support for running virtual meetings by Yammer
- Staying active at home from Mind
- Wellbeing Tips - Working from Home
Managing Teams Remotely
It’s important to stay connected during this time, both one-to-one and with your whole team. Support one another, especially as you adapt to a new way of working.
- Remote and Home Working IT Guidance - Link
- Running Virtual Meetings by Harvard Business Review
- Managing Teams Remotely from Linkedin
Taking steps to look after your wellbeing can help you deal with pressure and reduce the impact that stress has on your life. This is sometimes called developing emotional resilience.
- Resilience and Ways of Coping - awareness package on Brightspace
- How can I be more resilient by MIND
- Free I-Resilience Tool by Robertson Cooper
- Ten Percent Happier website - Meditation app (6 months free for NHS workers)
- Unmind website - free access for NHS workers (sign up with your NHSBT email address)
- The importance of looking after yourself - Prerana Issar
Support for Carers
Colleagues have been sharing lots of ideas on how to entertain, educate and support children and teens who are also at home. Join the Yammer conversation.
- Talking to your children about the Coronavirus outbreak by the Mental Health Foundation
- Information on vulnerable children by GOV.UK
Other Support and resources
For more support and resources available see our Other Support and resource page.