What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
We all play a part in reducing the spread of the Coronavirus and to help save lives.
Note: resourcing temporary Donor Carers and Nurses and on-boarding all types of contracts within these roles across Blood Donation has changed. Please refer to the Resourcing & Onboarding – Blood Collections page for the most up to date information.
NHSBT Support and Guidance
Reporting your Covid Vaccination details: -
- Use the Vaccine online reporting tool
You may have received an email from NHSBT Notification advising you of the dates of your vaccine submissions. Please note this is due to current work underway to update the online reporting tool for COVID and flu vaccinations. We are not asking you for any further information unless the date of any of your vaccines is incorrect. If any of your dates are incorrect, please email HR Direct with the Health Safety and Wellbeing Number on your email and provide the correct vaccination date.
Places to go first to find answers to your questions: -
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) information for NHSBT colleagues
- Link News
- Link Coronavirus FAQs (Coronavirus Guidance for colleagues and managers)
- People Knowledgebase where you can type a question to search for an answer in Knowledge (as with ICT)
- Flexible Working page
- Antibody testing page
- Long Covid - Information provided by the NHS regarding Long Covid.
COVID-19 Pay / Absence information (updated for July): -
Interim policy arrangements during Covid-19
NHSBT Covid Recognition / Thank you:
- Access the Covid Recognition / Thank you page - Details on NHSBT's recognition and ‘thank you’ to show how much we appreciate all that you've done during the Covid pandemic and continue to do.
Note: At this time, we have made adjustments to some of our policies, to support our response to Coronavirus. Therefore we have developed ‘Cover Sheets’ to highlight where these temporary changes have been applied.
Please look out for these in the appropriate policy document areas, as changes have only been made to some policies.
Stay at home and save lives.