Scientific Digital Resources
The following websites may give you useful guidance and information to support your Scientific and Clinical career
- *NHSBT Library - The library has a wide range of books, journals dissertations, reports and conference proceedings available to borrow or access online - *Only accessible if you are logged in to the NHSBT network (network connection through Citrix/NHSBT Desktop).
- Hospitals and Science Transfusion website. Website supporting the Transfusion Community. Containing news items and training information.
- Institute of Biomedical Scientists (IBMS). Dedicated to the promotion of excellence in biomedical science
- Serious Hazard of Transfusion (SHOT). Website contains many interesting case studies. It also provides training resources and annual reports
- Transfusion Guidelines. This website contains many useful resources including the Handbook of Transfusion Medicine
- British Blood Transfusion Society (BBTS). The British Blood Transfusion Society (BBTS) is the UK's only society dedicated to supporting Transfusion Professionals
- The Digital Blood Centre Tour provides an overview of NHSBT, and the workings of our laboratories, giving knowledge relating to the functions of a blood centre.
- Learn Blood Transfusion. A suite of transfusion related e-learning courses developed to improve patient care, reduce risk and promote knowledge about safe and appropriate transfusion practice. Courses include Safe Transfusion Practice, Blood Components and Indications for Use, Good Manufacturing Practice, Anti-D (Clinical and Laboratory) and Learn Cell Salvage.