How to book (Admin,Clerical and Operational Roles)
- Quick Reference Guide - Public Sector Resourcing provides a quick reference guidance document to show an overview of the process of booking and selecting and agency worker. Additional information is provided below to support this.
- Fieldglass Accounts - If you do not already have an account you can Request a Fieldglass Account. Do this early to ensure no delays. Further information is available on the use of Fieldglass in the Public Sector Resourcing Fieldglass Hiring Manager guidance document and support can be provided by procurement on request.
- Booking your Agency Worker on Fieldglass - Enter your booking on the Fieldglass system (see additional information below). After submitting your request, you will need to add your budget manager or a Purchasing administrator as the step 4 approver using the instructions provided. You will be able to track your booking by accessing your Fieldglass account. A member of AMS or their nominated supplier will be in touch to discuss your requirement in more detail.
- Fieldglass Requisition Completion - Before you submit your Fieldglass Requisition it is important to ensure you have provided all the information necessary. The system does not prompt you for everything so extra detail must be put in the “additional information specific to this role” field. The Admin, Clerical and Operational checklist provides reminders for you to include all the relevant information and how to answer some of the questions.
- Provision of CVs and Shortlisting - Alexander Mann Solutions will provide CVs for you to shortlist and interview if applicable or arrange this via alternative Agencies. We recommend that you respond to shortlisting and process interview outcomes as a matter of urgency as you don't want to lose candidates. All interview arrangements and selection decisions should be actioned via the Fieldglass system in conjunction with liaising with your agency contact.
- Pre-employment Checks - The agency will undertake all necessary pre-appointment checks and will confirm when satisfactory checks have been received so that you can arrange a start date.
- Starting Salary - all Agency Workers or Contractors must commence on the minimum of the salary scale and you should check this when rates are agreed with the Agency.
- Tax Assurance - Where asked on the Requisition “is the role in or out of scope of IR35?” you must respond that it is “In Scope”. This is the case for all roles to be filled by agency workers or contractors within NHSBT. The manager will need to check their contractor is set up as PAYE or via an umbrella company at the agency. The manager must then send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. advising of this status.
- Timesheet Approval - Timesheets and payments are managed through the Fieldglass system. If a worker finishes earlier than their planned assignment end date please contact procurement on 0117 921 7600 or log a service now call using the Finance Customer Query Form.
Guidance and Checklists
- Checklist for Fieldglass Requirements
- Quick reference guidance document
- Fieldglass Hiring Manager Guidance document
- list of posts requiring DBS Checks document.
- For any queries relating to Fieldglass please contact procurement on 0117 921 7600 or log a service now call using the Finance Customer Query Form.
Use of alternative suppliers
Where it has not been possible to use our preferred suppliers and your requirements have not been filled via Fieldglass you should contact Procurement on 0117 921 7600 or log a service now call using the Finance Customer Query Form.
Induction and Leavers
Agency workers must undertake relevant induction and mandatory training to understand what is required visit the New Starters page.
It is essential that a leavers process is followed at the point of the Agency/ Contract Workers leaving to ensure relevant IT accounts are closed and/ or security passes etc are retrieved prior to them leaving. Please refer to the departments to notify section on the Leavers page.