Healthcare Assistant - Blood Donation
Pre-agreed Recruitment Documentation
Standard recruitment documentation has been agreed for this role. The pre-agreed information to be used includes the advert, recruitment profile, benefits information and NHS Jobs application questions.
TIP: Before advertising your vacancy externally, ask your existing team members if they wish to increase their hours, or do you have any Team Assistants that would be interested and suitable for the role? Have you any reserves from a recent selection day (within 3 months). You may find that you do not need to recruit externally, you will however still need to complete a recruitment request.
Shortlisting for Interview
To keep numbers to a manageable level, it is recommended that you base the number of applications you shortlist for interview on the following:-
- For 1 appointment we recommend you shortlist between 6 to 8
- For 2 appointments we recommend you shortlist between 8 to 12
- For 3 appointments we recommend you shortlist between 12 to 16
The Selection Day
The selection day consists of a session tour, completion of session tour feedback questionnaire and reading the team information sheet, followed by an interview. Wherever possible it is best to hold the selection day in a session venue with a separate room to hold the interviews. To assist you in planning the day you can view the example schedule document.
The recruitment templates you will require for your selection day are available by clicking on the link below or on request from your recruitment contact:-
Team Information Sheet template: to be completed prior to your selection day
Example of Team Information Sheet: pre-populated to give you some ideas of what to include
Interview Assessment Form: to record your scoring of the candidates
Candidate Session Tour Checklist document: to be completed by the person undertaking the tour for each candidate
Candidate Tour - Feedback Questionnaire: to be completed by the candidates
Candidate Interview Checklist and Outcome form: for noting documents and confirming successful candidate(s)
Template document for Certified Identity Documents: to use when copying, scanning or photographing identity documents such as passport and driving licence.
- 3 colleagues – 2 for the interview panel and 1 to welcome, undertake tour/activities and arrange for copies of documents
- 1 copy per candidate of the Team Information Sheet
- 1 copy per candidate of the Candidate Session Tour Checklist and Candidate Tour – Feedback Questionnaire
- 1 copy per candidate of the Candidate Interview Checklist and Outcome form
- 1 copy of the template for certified copy of the identity documents
- 1 copy per interview panel member of the interview pack and assessment form
- Sufficient copies of interview questions and note taking template for each of the panel members