Becoming a parent
The Parents Policy provides information on the support and types of leave available, when becoming a parent. It explains the different leave options available, the eligibility requirements, how to request it and when this may be taken. We recommend that you also use the Managers Checklist or Employee Checklist (whichever is more applicable to you) to help support you through the full process.
HR Direct offer a one to one telecon option for all expecting parents to discuss individual entitlements and support options in more detail. To request a telecon, please contact HR Direct.
Guidance and Checklists
- Parents FAQ
- Maternity pay decision tree
- Parents Policy - Glossary of Terms
- Manager's checklist for Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave (PAR3)
- Employee's checklist for Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave (PAR4)
- Manager's checklist for unpaid Ordinary Parental leave (PAR5)
- Adoption and Maternity form
- Adoption and Maternity return to work notification form
- KIT/SPLIT and Maternity form
- Maternity Support (Paternity) form
- Shared Parental Leave form
- Maternity/Adoption notification of start of leave