We have policies and supportive tools available to all employees to assist in their health, well-being and regular attendance at work. We value the contribution our employees make to our success and high attendance levels are vital to us continuing to achieve high levels of performance. The Attendance Policy should be used to:
- Support employee attendance
- Manage short term and long-term sickness
- Manage unauthorised absence from work
For information on other types of time off work, such as time off work for medical appointments, special leave, annual leave etc, refer to the Time off Work section. For information regarding Occupational Health, refer to the Occupational Health pages.
Attendance Case Management Support
If you require support with managing any attendance cases this is available through HR Direct. For more information read through our Attendance Support page.
- Attendance Policy
- Attendance Policy - Interim arrangements for Covid-19
- Alcohol, Drug and Substance Misuse Policy
- Workplace/Reasonable Adjustments policy
Guidance and Checklists
- Absence reporting process map guidance
- Alcohol, Drug and Substance Abuse - Indicators
- Discretion guidance when managing sickness absence
- Indicators and Symptoms of Stress Guidance
- Long term sickness Formal Absence Review meeting checklist
- Occupational Health User Guide for OH Assist Portal
- Return to Work - Notes
- Return to work discussion guide
- Short term sickness Formal Review meeting Checklist
- Tailored Adjustment Information
- Uncontested IHR Checklist
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Attendance FAQs
- Alcohol, Drug and Substance Abuse FAQs
- Occupational Health Services at NHSBT FAQs
- Workplace/Reasonable Adjustments FAQ's
- Annual Leave During Sickness Form*
- Enter into Unpaid Leave (Suspend Occupational Sickness Pay) Form*
- Tailored Adjustment Tool
*Form is only accessible if you are logged in to the NHSBT network (network connection through Citrix/NHSBT Desktop). As a result it may take a moment to load.
For any attendance concerns for Blood Donation agency workers, refer to the raising a matter of concern under the Blood Donation Resourcing and Onboarding – Blood Collections page.